Eastern Iowans have trusted Tomlinson Cannon with their gutter repair and other homeowner services for more than 60 years. Since our founding in 1948, we've grown steadily, added new services, and expanded across the state.
Today, contractors, residential homeowners, commercial property owners, industrial facilities, and government agencies call on us when they need waterproofing, concrete sawing, mudjacking, foundation repair, and basement wall straightening. When you choose Tomlinson Cannon, you get the same values-driven service.
In 1948, Claude Tomlinson and his father founded a gutter business in Iowa City. For almost 40 years, they provided the residents of Iowa City with top-notch gutter services that protected their homes and businesses from rain.
To serve with honor, nobility and integrity.
God first, then customers and each other.
• 1985 — Tom and Sue Cannon purchased the gutter company from Claude Tomlinson
• 1987 — Added a Cedar Rapids branch
• 1989 — Began our basement waterproofing division
• 1990 — Added basement wall anchoring to the waterproofing division
• 1992 — Expanded our waterproofing and wall anchoring services into Rochester, MN (d.b.a. American Waterworks) and acquired AeroSaw (est. 1988) to add concrete sawing and core drilling to our capabilities
• 1993 — Added the mudjacking division
• 1994 — Purchased Cole Waterproofing (est. 1967) to provide waterproofing and wall anchoring in the Quad Cities
• 1996 — Expanded Cole Waterproofing into gutter services
• 1997 — Sold American Waterworks
Contact us today for a free quote for gutter installation, basement waterproofing, or any of our services.